Thursday, October 13, 2011

Back at running again





Last week, my sis posted a note about wanting to run and since I have been lazy as of late, I thought I would give it a try again with here. I did my first run today near work on some nice rolling trails. Maybe 2012 will be the year I can hold it together and do some awesome trail races like the old days in Colorado.

 Walnut Crk trail near work 2.34 mi 00:32 13:33 pace
Better than I thought it would have for not running in months and a day. Tried a mix of the walk/run and low HR method, which was hard. I averaged 3-4 min running and 1-2 walking as a recovery. Any running had me in the 140's on the flats and I walked the hills. The odd thing was the effort was not overly hard for 140's. My max was high for low HR, but it was only for maybe 15 sec and I recovered quickly in the 140's again.
This was an out and back and I was faster coming back with a lower HR overall, which was encouraging, as maybe it took me time to warm up.

No comments: