Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 ideas?

2011 is under the belt and not a very successful year to be honest. Did some running and cycling, but nothing to really write home about.

As for 2012, I am trying to be realistic in my goals with a new job, family commitments, etc. while still being motivated. I want to try and continue doing Tae Kwon Do while riding more and running. Overall my two biggest goals would be running some ultras and doing some randonnee rides, but both of these take large amounts of time for training and the events themselves. My new job is at the long end 20 miles own-way with nice commuting options. I could do multi-modal, which reduces my flexibility, but makes my commute mileage wise shorter. There are some nice trails right behind my work for trail running at lunch, etc. This is a huge improvement over my last place of employment.

I guess I just need to try and stay consistently motivated for both riding and running this year.

No comments: